Every couple is different. They have different goals, different preferences, different stories, different needs and different schedules. But one thing all couples have in common: They can all enjoy learning to dance together. Just imagine you and your new husband or wife holding hands in front of everyone, and performing a dance uniquely yours. Arthur Murray Dance Center Whitefish Bay can make this dream a reality.
Don’t wait! As the wedding day draws closer, schedules become hectic. That’s why it’s important to begin dance lessons four to six months before the wedding. This will provide enough time for you to become comfortable on the dance floor and master your steps. If your schedule doesn’t allow for that, we’ll work with whatever time you do have and with material that works for you.
We can help you realize your vision with any song you select. Don’t worry if you don’t have a wedding song yet. We can also help you choose a song. We’ve worked with a lot of brides and grooms, and we can show you some of the most popular dances and songs chosen for weddings. If you already know what song you want, bring it with you and we can get started right away.
In a busy world, learning to dance together is a reprieve from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It can be a wonderful, enjoyable experience that you will always remember. Dancing together is a great way to spend time together – and it reduces stress for both of you.
Here are some pointers to make your experience most enjoyable:
- Start early. Schedules tend to get tougher as the wedding date approaches.
- Know that everyone learns at their own pace. Our instructors will ensure that you both get the individual attention and instruction you both need.
- Patience is a virtue. (See number 2).
- Wear comfortable dress shoes and clothing that is easy to move in. You should practice in shoes similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on your wedding day.
- Take advantage of our group classes and practice sessions. The more you dance before your wedding, the more comfortable and enjoyable your first dance will be.
- Take time to enjoy the many rewards of learning to dance together.
- Avoid trying to teach your fiancé. We’re here to help, so take advantage of us. Let your instructor show you and your fiancée what to do. You’ll have a lot more fun if you spend it dancing, and not teaching.
Dancing together is a memorable gift that you and your partner will remember forever. You will be poised, confident and ready for your first dance as a married couple. Dancing together is something you will cherish for a lifetime.
First Dance Song Recommendations:
- All of Me
- All You Need is Love
- A Thousand Years
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Come Away With Me
- Could I have this Dance
- Don’t Know Much
- Endless Love
- Fascination Fields of Gold
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Forever and Ever, Amen
- Here and Now
- How Long Will I Love You
- How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- I Swear
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin
- In Your Eyes, It Had to be You
- My Girl
- Night and Day
- One Call Away
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- Stand By Me